Befriending & Becoming Group Program - Spring 2018
Do you find yourself constantly striving for the woman you *should* be? That woman you *could* be?
IN ORDER TO BECOME THE WOMAN YOU ARE MEANT TO BE, YOU MUST FIRST BEFRIEND WHO YOU ARE RIGHT NOW.
Befriending and Becoming is a truly transformational group program that focuses on showing you exactly how to befriend, fall in love and embrace yourself so that you what unfolds is the woman who you truly are meant to be. And what does that even mean, the woman you are meant to be? It is the beautiful, messy, multifaceted woman that you are right now, the difference is you just love and support her fully. It is because you know there is something more in store, it is because deep down you know you are worth it but maybe don't quite believe it yet. Perhaps you are launching into this self expedition craving a more meaningful presence in this world, or you've been through a recent change or life crisis that has you confused, overwhelmed, and dismayed.
This 40-Day In Person Course is for you if you're looking to:
- Learn techniques that create lasting inner change. Understand why previous attempts at "self-improvement" didn't have the impact you were hoping for or you are just ready for that next level.
- Connect on a deep level with other women, gain support and accountability
- Do courageous things with your life, have the tough conversations, travel the world, work a job your really love.
- Ability to recognize the inner judgmental a*hole and learn how to cultivate a more loving and accepting relationship with yourself and become liberated by the walls your mind has confined you to.
- Free up your precious time for you, your passions, your learning, your creative genius so you feel energized and confident doing your thang.
- Recognize when boundaries are needed with love ones, your time, or career and exactly what you need to do to set these up.
- Not feel so shitty. Seriously, there is no need my love. We will work together so that you can learn how to navigate both physical and emotional pain in a way that you get the nourishment you need to feel joyful and inspired by your life.
Are you ready to live your life differently? Like the epic amazing woman you are but unwantingly, care about what others think about YOU?
Do you put other people's needs before your own? At the end of the day all you have left to give yourself is a glass of wine and seat in front of your newest Netlfix obsession?
There's a way to actually be yourself and love that person! You are a woman that is cabaple of self-kindness, assurance and confidence.
In order to become the woman you are meant to be you must first befriend who you are right now, (seriously no more bad mouthing!) embrace and celebrate her and the becoming will naturally follow!
Weekly Topics Include:
Befriending Chatter: Becoming Clearer.
Learn how to bring more awareness insight into your mental patterns and habits. How you can befriend all that chatter rather than focusing on clearing the mind and why this is useful.
Befriending Discomfort: Becoming Compassionate.
Learning how to endure discomfort rather than reject it or push it away is truly the key to following through with any goal and fulfilling your highest value. Self-compassion is a way in which you approach yourself with kindness and understanding in the midst of personal set-backs, challenges, failings, or difficult situations.
Befriending Inner Critic: Becoming Kinder.
It is impossible to have any sort of awakening or insight if we are constantly at war with ourselves. Learn how your self-critic actually does have your best interest in mind, though the tactics aren't always the most efficient. We will explore what exactly your critic might be saying and how to transform this voice into a kinder mentor for your personal growth.
Befriending Sensations: Becoming Embodied.
Being able to access your true self, heart’s wisdom, soul, etc you must understand what is going on with your mind and body. Your body is one the greatest vehicles you have to gain clarity on the direction you are meant to go and the person you are meant to be. The body can communicate with you before your mind even has a chance, but to be able to hear what it has to say you must practice listening. Learn actual ways, through practices and meditations to tap into the language of your body's wisdom.
Befriending Fear: Becoming Courageous.
The biological reason we have a fear response is to detect threats and therefore keep us safe, but often times “threats” in this day and age are not putting us in any real danger. Learn how fear manifests, how you can befriend it and not let it stop you on your courageous actions.
Befriending You: Becoming Joyful
You can actively take in the good, plant the positive! All mental resources make the inevitable a little bit more bearable, think an umbrella and rain boots for the shit storm. Inner strengths are both innate and learned. Learn exactly how you can recognize, seek out and practice the pleasure and more positive happenings in your life and then USE these experiences and a little thing called neuroplasticity to create more joy and resilience.
The purpose of this program is to set up a structure that will allow you to develop new habits and to be guided through tools, all meant to create more awareness of the unconscious thoughts and beliefs that are holding you back while bringing your conscious mind and your deeper self in direct connection with one another.
Group Program Details
This group will meet once a week for 6 weeks.
During the 40 days you will be encouraged to commit to:
- Daily mindfulness and/or seated meditation
- Weekly journalling - prompts provided
- Weekly challenges to take what you have learned and apply to the real world
- Embodied practices - connecting with your body and awareness around sensations
Weekly Meeting Information:
- When: Wednesdays October 11 - November 15
- Time: 7:30-9 pm. Optional extra conversation time until 9:30pm
- Where: The Grinning Yoga Studio 1505 NW 23rd Ave Portland, Oregon
- Other Info: You will be provided with everything you need for this journey together, including cushion, journal, guided meditations and relevant workbook and handouts. Just bring you, an open mind and perhaps a water bottle! Each woman will also receive 1 free coaching session (a $200 value!)
- You get 6 in person workshops that include teaching, experiential activities and group coaching
- 1 - 60 minute coaching session with me to dive deeper ($200 value)
- Accountability and support daily through online FB page
- Guided meditations each week to support your topic
- Weekly embodied practices to help you understand what your body is telling you
- Journal prompts, worksheets, handouts and accountability tracker
- Weekly challenges to take what you have learned and apply it to the real world
- Opportunity for after class connection with women in our group
- If you bring a friend each of you will receive $30 discount.
READY TO GET STARTED?
To provide intimate setting and safe space for all sharing this group is limited. Please reserve your seat now!
Praise for Befriending & Becoming
"Befriending and Becoming course is a journey towards self-awareness, compassion, relections and acceptance. With the tools that Danielle presents you will be better armed/prepared to face your daily challenges in a more productive and compassionate way." -Sara
“Taking part of ‘Befriending & Becoming’ has been one of the most valuable gifts I have given myself as a woman and human being. In a perfect world, I would want to take this class every single week of my life! I really loved the accountability and being around a community of women who validated my journey in so many ways. Danielle is an exceptional instructor who was born to teach...she truly leads by example and gives her students the space to be their true selves.” - Mahsa D.
“Befriending & Becoming was an amazingly impactful class. From the shared space with so many open women, to the knowledge, love and humor from our teacher, Danielle; My heart and mind opened in the most beautiful way. Danielle has a way of translating ancient knowledge as well as up-to-date neuroscience in a very current and relatable way. Months later, I am still expanding and growing from the tools I learned in this class. Thank you Danielle!” - Jamie D.
"Life can make us feel isolated and stuck when it gets hard. Through this class I not only connected to some amazing woment to lean on, I learned how I am my best resource. I learned how to take control in a loving way and my life will continue to improve because of it." -Julia T.
"In life we come across 'those people', people who leave a mark, people who have a profound impact on our lives, people embodied with a magnetic force. Danielle is one of those people. The curriculum she desgins for her Becoming courses challenge you to evaluate your inner self, your feelings and emotions, your thought processes. She challeges you with her gentle spirit and grace to dig deep and uncover the treasures that await you (sounds cheesy but I promise it's true!). Each week I walked way with discoveries that continue to influence and shape my life. I fyou are ready to do the work, you need Danielle. This is what she was born to do!" -Hoda P.
“So much changed for me (through the program). I am so much more aware in EVERY way.” -Kirstin S.
Please feel free to email me with any questions I am happy to answer them for you!