Veering away from our typical chats about sex and the brain, today’s podcast is all about how diet, yes diet can have an impact on our sex lives. Did you know that there are dietary changes you can easily make that will have a direct impact on your experience of pleasure during sex? Well its true and this weeks guest, Christine DeLozier, will specifically be addressing this. Dr. Christine DeLozier is an acupuncturist and holistic nutritional counselor, and she recently wrote a book on the research she has done to answer the question about the effects of diet on our sexual health. In this interview we cover the physiological indicators for better sex, the truth about aphrodisiacs, and even shares her date night menu if you’re looking to have better sex tonight.
Topics In This Episode
- Looking at the root of the problem for sexual health function, not just the symptoms
- Evaluating a good sexual experience psychologically versus physiologically
- The 3 key physiological factors that contribute to better sex
- The role omega-3’s, antioxidants, and potassium has, as well as good sources of these nutrients
- Of course blood flow is important for men, but what about for women?
- Planning our meals around sex sessions
Connect with Christine
- Website: dietforgreatsex.com
- Book: https://www.amazon.com/Diet-Great-Sex-Female-Sexual/dp/173554521X
- Recipe videos on Instagram and TikTok: @dietforgreatsex
As always, it has been my absolute pleasure to share this episode with you. As a total brain nerd, I found this information to be fascinating! I hope that this was helpful for you to see that in addition to examining our thoughts and our beliefs around our sex lives, there are other ways we can make it better outside the bedroom. Not only are these foods good for our bodies, they are good for our sex too. Have fun trying new recipes and having better sex!
To help other women find this show and create more pleasure in their lives, leave a review! Click here to go to Apple Podcasts and follow the steps below.
Editing and show notes by Roth Media
Enjoying the podcast?
- Make sure you don’t miss a single episode! Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, RSS, or follow on Spotify
- Leave a review in Apple Podcasts. Then be sure to send a screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org for your free sex starter kit
- Let me know your thoughts on this episode and join the conversation by leaving a comment down below!